Another early start today. My body seems to be overly excited to get the day rolling, as this is the second time I've woken up a good 45 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. At least it's better than oversleeping.
This morning our Media class was back at the library, where we discussed media literacy more in depth, as well as analyzed the cognitive, emotional, aesthetic, and moral dimensions of Justin Timberlake's music video for "Suit and Tie". I also tinkered around with the website I'm working on creating--I've entitled it "i run europe" and it will detail my adventures as a cross country athlete training abroad, complete with entries on my runs in each city with accompanying pictures. I can't wait to get started running in just a few days!
Music class today was a bit more interesting--at least in my opinion. We moved away from the more basic musical concepts ans spent some time talking about the different performances we're set to see and related that back to what we're learning. The class is geared towards the art of listening to music, and that's an angle I hadn't really thought about before yesterday.
![]() |
| The fountain on the quad, which I walk by to get to both of my classes |
It was absolutely beautiful out today, completely opposite the dreary rain and clouds we had yesterday. It almost hit 90! I was definitely loving wearing shorts and sandals again, and even got to pull out my Superfest sunglasses!
Fiiiinally tonight after dinner we got to watch The Sound of Music!! I'd been looking forward to this all day, as we're going to be in Salzburg where the movie was filmed and go on a Sound of Music Exhibition! After watching the movie and seeing the beautiful scenery once more I'm only that much more eager to embark on our adventure!!!
So now I'm back in the dorm singing Edelweiss in my head, thinking about hills that are alive, and the plethora of music quizzes waiting to be taken. I did 6 last night, but there are still 10 left to do!
Until next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment