Kelsey and I braved the streets of Vienna early this morning--and I'm so
glad we did. I made a few videos of the run--including our wonderful
singing talents and some media sightings. Never made a YouTube video before, so hopefully that turns out okay.
Both the train ride to Villach and the bus ride to Venezia were GORGEOUS! I've also made a video of some of the views of the Alps we got as we drove through Northern Italy.
I absolutely wish we got to stay in Venice for longer than a day. I got to check something off my bucket list when I went exploring into the city tonight; it's someplace I've always dreamed of going. Now, I knew that Venice was a city built on water and that there are several bridges and canals...but I never expected the extent to which that was true. I learned later that there are over 400 bridges in Venice, which just absolutely blows my mind! This definitely ties it with Salzburg in my book for prettiest city...though they are beautiful in absolutely different ways.
 |
| On the train coming into the city! |
 |
| Getting off the train to go into Venice! |
In exploring with Emily, Hannah, Kelsey, and Juli we found the Rialto bridge, which had a gorgeous view. Navigating the city was both confusing yet straightforward. Most of the time I had no idea where I was or what street I was on, but it was okay because there were fairly clear signs pointing to major areas the help you through the maze-like alleyways (for example, Rialto and Ferrovia).
 |
| View on Rialto Bridge |
 |
| It really does look like this in real life |
|  |
| (my first) Gelato in Venice!! |
I felt like I was walking in a dream, just staring at the water and taking it all in. Unfortunately I didn't get a gondola ride this time, but as I am
quite poor at the moment, I guess that isn't the worst thing in the
world.
I know I want to come back here in the future, with someone I love, and take a gondola ride. Because THAT is on my bucket list.
 |
| Next time I will be on this gondola |
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment