We met up with Francesca, our tour guide from the Vatican, again today and she took us around to see the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Navoli Plaza, Pantheon, Colloseum, and the Roman Forum. Definitely a busy last day!! I was glad that I'd gone to a lot of these places yesterday so that I could just focus on enjoying the tour today without fussing about taking a ton of pictures. Regardless, I managed to take just a few.
![]() |
| On the Spanish steps with Kelsey and Hannah |
![]() |
| Trevi Fountain!! Made me want to go swimming :) |
![]() |
| Throwing two coins in to get married |
![]() |
| Inside of the Colosseum! |
![]() |
| Look at it!! I was there!!! |
![]() |
| Roman Forum--an old Temple in background that got turned into a church |
Okay, so maybe I took more than a couple pictures.
The highlight of the day for me was getting to walk around the Roman Forum and hear stories about the different ruins from Francesca. My absolute favorite was that I saw right where Julius Caesar was cremated! THE JULIUS CAESAR!!!
![]() |
| Flowers for Julius Caesar |
I
also got a little out of my comfort zone when dinner came
around--veal. What a shame. I'd been hoping for spaghetti. I'll just have to come back to Italy at some point and have it.
We had another wine night in my room, but this time it lasted a bit longer. We didn't want to go to bed, to have to face the next day, when we would be leaving.
It's amazing to think how much 16 days can change your life. When you throw 28 strangers together and ship them off to gallivant across Europe, incredible things can happen.

Until next time, Europe.









No comments:
Post a Comment